Housework--for Joni

April 22, 2007

I spent about 45 minutes the other day writing a post about all my housework and then deleted it because I thought it was just a little too real. Then I read Joni's wonderful record of her every-day work as a woman during one ordinary week and realized she had written almost the same post as me, with the difference that she had the confidence to share it. Thanks Joni, for reminding me of what constitutes the real work of eternity. Keeping lives in order, whether it be our own precious life or the lives of a family, is not ordinary in any way.

1 comment

  1. Aaaw, I'm glad you liked it! I was afraid it'd be boring for anyone else to read but I like to have a record of my life that is truly complete -- housework included! It's a bonus to think that you found it worthwhile reading:)

    I don't comment much but I'm a big fan of your blog. I feel like I know you so much better than when I lived in Columbia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.