The Secret of Roan Inish

October 1, 2008

I have a real, important knitting deadline (test knitting for a soon-to-be-published book), so I've been queuing up movies to watch and audio books to listen to while I race to get something done quickly and in a focused manner (not my usual method). Yesterday at the library I picked up this old favorite. It combines so many things that I love: Ireland, mythology, music, magic and, of course, the sea. Ah, it's a lovely story and a lovely film. I spent a cozy afternoon knitting and watching with a cup of cocoa nearby and I'll probably watch it again tomorrow. I'm such a sap. Well, and after all, I do have that deadline.

6 comments

  1. Looks good. I'll have to watch it one night when Brent is on call

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is one of my all time favs as well. so simple and poignant.

    I recently watched Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day. Matt PPV'd it for me and I was skeptical the first few minutes. But after watching it late into the night I immediately watched it again most of the way through. I was so taken by it. Maybe you've already stumbled on it. If not, it would be a great knitting companion. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you already know this is one of my fAVES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot about this one. I'll have to refresh my memorie sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hurray!! i LOVE this movie. "jay-may! jay-may! cute little fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so embarrassed to admit that i have never seen this movie. but now that i know it's in the library, i'll put it on my list...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.