Sick Days

November 23, 2008

The cough came on a week ago, with little surprise, as Sara and Sam are just barely finished with their two weeks of coughing. It is one of those insidious viruses that leaves one feeling mostly okay, but sounding awful and not fit for human society. It also makes it hard to run in the cold, as I already suffer from a bit of exercise-induced asthma. Consequently, this week has been an odd mix of acting sick in certain situations and not so much in other situations. (Being around kids? Sick. Lunch with friends? Not sick. Running in 23 degree blustery weather? Sick. You get the picture.) Yesterday, I was going to try running again after taking the week off but woke up actually feeling really yucky-the coughing was starting to hurt and be more productive and the aches and pains were real, not imagined.

Yesterday I rested and knitted on a project for next Tuesday's class while watching Survivorman and bits of several movies on TV that I happened upon. I did get up to make waffles for dinner and helped Evan with his project, but it was a pretty easy day. The rotten thing about a virus is that often one's actions have no effect upon the course the illness will take. Thus, rest notwithstanding, today, the coughing continues toward its zenith before the downward glide, and I feel yucky again. So, as I did on Tuesday for Photog group, I decided to quarentine myself rather than impose myself on everyone at church. Finally, I can catch up on blogs, do some reading that I've fallen behind on and sort of get a handle on my vision of the upcoming holiday season. I've started addressing cards, which is usual for me-my goal is always by Thanksgiving, but then I lose momentum. This time, I have the addresses mostly gathered and have set a goal to send out only 5 a day. So, wish me luck. Here is the card I designed. It is simple, but I like it. Brushes are my new favorite toy in Photoshop. Such fun.

6 comments

  1. I have had that same sick/not sick cold for the last several weeks. Yuck. Only, I went ahead with photog group. I had to get back into public sometime! I love your card. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you run when it's so cold. I only leave my house because my kids have to get to school. Sorry you're feeling yucky. Sam was a lot of fun in class today. My son saw him driving your big car and said, "Isn't he too young to drive?" I told him I'll feel the same way about him when he starts driving in a few years. Your Christmas card is beautiful! I haven't even thought about our card yet. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're feeling sick - hope you get feeling better! I love the Christmas card! Very nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your family photos. The Bishop always has the best smiles. (:
    I hope you feel all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a beautiful card. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so sad you got sick. :-( However your knitting picture is beautiful, as is your CHRISTMAS CARD!!! LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.