My Red Door Days

July 1, 2016


People have asked about my Instagram hashtag #myreddoordays. Some folks thought it had something to do with Elizabeth Arden's iconic fragrance and spa. Some thought it was a movement or had some larger context. Nothing so exciting, folks. They're just my real life posts. The daily stuff. The stuff that happens here, at home.

When I started using IG to actually organize and journal my life, and realized the power of hashtags to sort and identify sets of photos, I came up with My Red Door Days, and it stuck. Here are all the posts I've identified with that tag since I started using it about a year and a half ago. The first one was when I came home from the first of what has become many multi-week trips combining work, family visits and other travel. It was so good to be home.

It's a little white house with a red door, and I always love a splash of color. I try to be optimistic on social media, and the posts so hashtagged are the ones that make me happy, remind me to think of my home as special,  or help me remember it's the laughter heard around the table, not the size of the mortgage, that makes a place worth living in. For me, the red door symbolizes the things of most worth in my life, and as I look back on the 94 posts I've identified that way, I think I've hit the mark.  Click the previous sentence to take a look.




Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.