All-nighter

October 26, 2006

When a mother leaves home without her children for any reason, the process can be compared to a space shuttle launch. The preparation involves huge effort focused on escaping from gravity's pull. Most of the fuel is used up for that purpose. Arranging everything so Eric and I can get away tomorrow for exactly 48 hours has taken two weeks of unrelenting effort. But, like the space shuttle, once we break free of the earth's atmosphere, we will be floating free and settle into an orbit that will allow us to enjoy ourselves knowing that everything is just fine down on the surface of the earth. My support network is just about as large as mission control and how grateful I am for Johnathan, my mom, and everyone else that is helping me out. So, tonight as I wait for seminary handouts to print and wrack my brain to come up with something interstesting enough to keep them all awake tomorrow, I thought I'd just relax with a little blogging. I still have two more loads of laundry to do so I am probably just going to stay up all night and sleep in the car. Eric likes to listen to music or the news, so he won't mind. Then, we will be in beautiful, glowing-with-fall-foliage Williamsburg, ensconced in the lap of luxury at the Williamsburg Inn. It's our twentieth anniversary so we are seriously splurging.
Seminary went well this morning and in exactly 5 hours and 30 minutes, we will play catch-phrase to end up the week. This morning, as I was taking Evan to school, the sun was just peeking over the rooftops and through the trees and this is what greeted me from across the street as I walked out the door. To me, it is a little reminder that God is indeed good and that he knows my needs. Seminary is so frustrating sometimes, and asks so much of my family, with little evidence of any success, but then the Lord gives me a moment like this to warm my whole soul.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.