My Day-Before-December Garden

November 30, 2006




We've had a rather warm, wet fall, and this morning when I took Evan to school, I found these valiant little flowers blooming away to welcome the winter. A rosebud appeared a while ago and I've been watching it, hoping it might survive. The frost never came, so I present for your enjoyment a bit of lively botanical rebellion among the moldering leaves. These plants are not near each other in my garden, so each one stands alone against the inevitable change of seasons. It has happened before, in our unique climate, that I have had fresh flowers on my Thanksgiving table, so this is not a complete anomaly. On a grey November day, however, even if it is 65 degrees at 8 am, it brings a smile to see flowers blooming.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.