A Friend Makes Anything Fun

July 25, 2011

My pal Kirsten and I made a plan to spend a day together at an art gallery. We took the metro, made it to Dupont Circle (it's been a long time since I've been to that metro stop-the escalator is impressive-like going up into heaven), found the gallery with no trouble, and discovered that, naturally, it is closed on Monday. 

Neither one of us thought to call. 


Heaven awaits. 
Just Kidding. Proper exposure shows it's just Dupont Circle.
But it is a BIG escalator. 
Our hoped-for destination. 

It's a gorgeous building. 

Except for this bit. 
But no matter. We had fun in Dupont Circle anyway (bookstore, fantastic burger, yummy bakery), and now we're guaranteed of another day together because the Eversave expires in a month or so.

There was plenty of other fun to be had. 

And burgers to eat. Those are Sweet Potato Fries!
Fabulous. 

And back we go into the metro. 

So it's all good. And it was a reminder of this quote that I like. For us, this was a laugh and a lark.  I treasure the time together, even though it ended up being what some might call "nothing," it was really a wonderful little oasis of refreshment in our busy lives.

The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?
Eugene Kennedy 
The answer is yes. I enjoyed myself completely and can't wait till Take 2!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.