A 2011 Fall Road Trip, part 1

October 21, 2011

Today is day 7 of my big autumn trip and I have 2 days more till I go home. That's a long time. It's been good times though, and the family seems to be doing fine, so it's all good. I have a little time this morning, so I'm going to try and catch up on writing about it.

Last Friday I left home around 4:30 pm and drove up to one of my favorite places to visit-West Point, NY. My wonderful friend Erin lives there. The last two years I've gone up to visit for a day or so before heading over to Hartford, CT for Stitches East. This time I spent a glorious 5 days with Erin and her family because there were two shows on two successive weekends so I just decided to stay all the days in between.
I got to Erin's around 9 Friday night and we visited till way too late, but it was so fun to see her in her beautiful advanced state of expectingness  and catch up and talk and talk and talk. Saturday and Sunday I worked at Nora's booth at Rhinebeck (the NY State Sheep and Wool Festival) and Holy Cow, was that a busy place. It brought back memories of working Cloverhill at our own MD Sheep and Wool festival. I didn't get to see a bit of the festival in full sway, only before it opened and after it closed. We were that busy. No walking around time, but it was fine-good to be busy. I had my new phone and with its extra antennas, it was the star of the show for processing all the credit card transactions, so I'm glad that worked out. Isn't Nora's shop pretty?




Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.