Light in November

November 14, 2011

I am outside on this iconic Autumn afternoon
Warm breezes play with my hair
And leaves fill the air around me
Flying, spinning, floating everywhere
It is the same dance they do every year

But it always delights me like something brand new and miraculous

Soon we will shutter our doors and wrap ourselves up
And the light will flee ever southward
Leaving the great arms of trees reaching
Up into cloudy-grey skies
That I will see out of protecting windows

There is time yet for the stillness and cold of an Eastern winter

Today is yet mild, and all golden and green
Filled with rustle and movement
I am part of this great last breath
Before the seasons change again
And I will move inside

1 comment

  1. This photo took my breath away! So beautiful. I ache for the beauty of fall sometimes, it is one of the best times of the year...bright cold and sunny. Now winter is creeping in...ugh. Lovely post Kellie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.