Why Have I Never Heard of This Woman??

February 11, 2012

Being still down with a virus, I seem to have more time than usual for blogging. The good news is that my voice is somewhat back today. Must have been all those Swiss Herbal Cough Drops, eh?

The better news is that I have just discovered cooking author Pam Anderson. No, not that Pam Anderson (but do search the internet with caution). She blogs with her daughters over at  3MC. She has 7 cookbooks in print, writes for USA Today Weekend, Runner's World, and other major publications. The Pioneer Woman loves her. A lot of famous cooks love her, for that matter.  She used to be an editor of Cooks Illustrated Magazine, for Pete's sake. That's the first place I look to find out anything about cooking.

I bought her weight-loss book on the recommendation of a friend and discovered that it is actually not about dieting. It recommends having afternoon tea and a cookie every day! And two breakfasts! As I was reading about her weight-loss journey, I felt hopeful and excited instead of filled with dread.  I am heading over to the library today to get her book that is called Cook without a Book. That's my favorite way to cook! I'm curious to see what she writes about that approach.

Anyway, I'm excited to finally know who she is. As a sometime foodie-ish sort of person, at least one who collects cookbooks and recipes like crazy, I'm part peeved that I've missed out on her all this time and part excited that I get to experience her body of work in one big chunk.


3 comments

  1. Ooh, I've never heard of her either! Thanks for the info - her blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about her.... just sayin'. Hahaa... I love her cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kellie,

    Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog as well as this generous post you've written. I'm glad you found me, and I'm glad to know you. Look forward to more conversation in the days to come. Cheers! Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.