On and Off the Road Again

November 14, 2014

I had a great week at my sister's house. I meant to post as soon as I got home so I wouldn't get behind YET again, but you know how that goes sometimes. I'm making a stab now at least. I am slow doing a lot of things because I can't do it the way I think I should, but as I get older and ostensibly wiser, I realize that the forward progress is usually the best option of all.


The fun times of the week included my sister's amazing cooking (no photos, sorry-too busy eating), some glorious weather that took us outside to a park for minnow-fishing, a photo session, sandcastles building, and a bird that let us get so close I wondered if it was injured. In between, there were driving-in-the-car talks with my nephews as I made the school runs, hugs, and some nice conversations with my little sis. With some great help from the thirteen-year old, I got the video done for 2sides2points that I needed to do. Thirteen year olds are very good to have nearby when doing technical things.

I made it home safe and sound, driving mostly in the post-twilight and pre-dawn dark of Autumn, so there are no thrilling photos, but I really do wish I could have properly captured the moon rise on Friday night and the sunrise on Saturday morning. Just beautiful. I will remember in my mind.

I'm grateful I got to take this trip and reconnect with this strong and unique branch of my big family.








This cloud formation amazed me and I took so many pictures
my neck was getting sore from bending back to look at it. 

Then the sun started setting behind it and it was even more
amazing. 

The autumn leaves were peaking in TN. 

The castle and keep. The moat was indeed filled
with water later on. 

I wish I lived in a castle guarded by these two. 

My portable studio. You can see the video I
made here

Me and the TN People.

That MOON! It was stunning. I almost stopped
to take pictures with my big camera. Almost.
But I needed to get home. 

Next morning, the moon in the sunrise-lit
western sky over I-81. 

And home again to our almost-tiny house in the burbs. It's
not fancy, but I sure love to see it after trips away. 



Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.