Girl in the House

April 14, 2015

It's been a week since This happened: 




So far, we've: 

Attended the temple
Bought a dresser, painted it purple, assembled it, and got it up to her room
Attended church
Listened to lots of music
Shopped 
Caught up on doctor visits
Picked out new glasses, also purple
Watched movies
Laughed

I like that last one best. It's so good to have her home. 


My friend Matt put this on my facebook page on the day she came home: 

WDTGAFS 

It's from Matthew 25:21

Good and faithful, indeed. 
And yes, joy. 
Definitely.
As a parent, you work and hope and pray and teach and dream and then


You let go, 
so suddenly. 


My hand may have grasped, unbelieving, at the empty air, just for a minute. 
Now she's back, just for a brief touchdown before her next flight. 
I'll take all the minutes and hours and breaths and songs that she's here. 
Every one. 
Oh, and the laughing. 
There is always laughing with her. 









1 comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.