Tag, I'm it! Holly tagged me for this fun way to get to know each other better. And what would we all do without Tom's of Maine toothpaste-its the best!
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I go in cycles wearing make-up. I usually get dolled up for church, but during the week I will go weeks without it. Then, at some point, always, always, always, because of my pale skin and wee little eyelashes, someone will ask me if I'm ill on a day that I'm NOT wearing make-up. Then, I tend to get back into putting on my face...at least for a while.
2. I love quotes-literary excerpts, song lyrics, scriptures, etc. I have many quote books and read them regularly. I love to use quotes as inspiration for journaling, for photos, and for personal study. I need to share them more. I used to have my email set up to rotate through a collection of about 50 random quotes that I had collected, but when I had some computer problems, I lost them. I am now motivated to compile a new collection.
3. I am using Weight Watchers to try to, uh...watch my weight. It is a good system with enough flexibility to work for me. I have learned a lot about portion control. I have also learned that I can get away with 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips straight from the bag and still be within my points allowance. Yessssssssssssss. I am trying to be happy with slow and steady progress, even though I really really want to be skinny for my family reunion. Proof that "Vanity working on a weak mind produces every kind of mischief..."
4. Which leads me to this juicy fact: I prefer (should I whisper this heresy?) Jeremy Northam's Mr. Knightly to Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy. Colin just doesn't pull it off for me. Okay, okay the wet shirt scene is great, because he moves so well. In spite of that, I like Colin better when he's slightly bumbling and vulnerable-I prefer him in Love, Actually; What a Girl Wants; and Nanny McPhee. Jeremy Northam in Emma is is just so perfectly dreamy. Sigh...
5. I can't go to sleep unless I have my clothes picked out for the next day. This is due to my seminary years, I'm pretty sure. During the week, I pick out both my seminary clothes (have to wear Sunday Best every morning) and my outfit for later. Even if its just jeans and flip-flops, I feel much better when it's all ready.
6. I used to be able to pretty much recite every scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail from memory. My favorite scenes (don't fence me in on this) are when King Arthur is talking to Dennis: "Help! I'm being repressed!" and of course the French Guards: "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!" and, we can't forget The Holy Hand Grenade: "Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out."
Ahhh, I'm gettin' giggly just typing this stuff.
7. I love animals and am grateful for all the good times we've had with our pets (currently a dog, two cats, a hamster, and a cockatiel) over the years, but I am looking forward to attrition giving us the eventual opportunity to be a human-centric house rather than one that feels faintly like an african safari.
8. The first time I ran a marathon I lost 7 toenails. They turned black and fell off. They grew back and I learned that running shoes should be 2-2.5 sizes larger than regular shoes so your foot has room to spread out when it hits the ground. Since I got properly fitting, good quality running shoes, I've never had any more toenail problems.
Well, that is a pretty random list. Hope that last one's not too gory for you. I have not been able to check everyone's blogs every day, so I'm wondering if most of the folks who read here have already been tagged. If not, consider yourself tagged. I'd love to read more lists.