Waiting up

October 4, 2007

Eric has "Korean Week" this week at work. That means the Korean big wigs from LG (his main client)are in town. The firm here goes all out to entertain them and the Koreans return the favor by holding lots of meetings all week to educate the lawyers about the company. So, Eric has been gone till extremely late every night this week. It's almost like he's been out of town. So, I'm waiting up to actually speak to him before going to bed. I can take a nap tomorrow after seminary.

I have little else to write about other than it has been a good week overall, in spite of the fact that my body is hastening my progress toward the celestial kingdom by giving me my monthly opportunity to conquer the natural woman two weeks early. Isn't the plan of salvation great! Yep, twice in one month. Double points! Yippee! It happens pretty often so I might need to talk to my doctor again about going back on the pill. I actually feel worse during and after than I do before, and when it gets all cattywampus like this, I never know when things are going to happen. Okay, 'nuff about that. I was talking about my good week. It was full of happy moments, mostly shared with other people.

Well, one happened to me: I got the proofs to my friend who got married on the 22nd, and she and her family were happy with the pictures. We actually ended up with about 300 keepers. Welcome to the digital world. It is satisfying to feel like my skills are actually increasing. I felt very relaxed and free because I've known this family so long and so well, so I was able to go to new creative heights for me at a wedding. Weddings are so regimented that it is actually hard to be really creative. There are so many shots you just have to get. Not everyone is comfortable with "journalistic" weddings that avoid traditional set-ups and composition. Anyway, I took some risks this time and really played with the light and the composition. When M. came over to see the proofs, she seemed really thrilled with what I'd done.

Another highlight of the week was that I got to spend an entire day with a darling blonde...he was about 2 1/2 feet tall, and he stole my heart by playing in the sand, shooting baskets and playing with trucks with me and me alone. There is nothing like a sweet, warm-from-playing-outside two-year old snuggled trustingly into one's lap to read stories before naptime to make one remember every single thing that is good about being a mom. :o)

In other news, I got another friend's wedding announcement today and it made me weep with joy. I got to see yet another friend and her precious newborn daughter on Sunday, plus several other loved ones experienced and shared major good news this week, and I just love good news, especially when it happens to people that are special to me.

To top it off, Eric just got home and brought me this amazing looking cake from one of the fanciest restaurants in D.C. He had to miss Wednesday Chocolate yesterday as he did not get milk on the way home at midnight, bless his heart. I would say this more than makes up for it.

To close for the evening, I share my favorite T.V. line from this evening's episode of The Office: "No, let me cook for you. Cauliflower and noodles...baked potato on the side."

7 comments

  1. How sweet that you waited for your prince and he even brought you treats. My prince is leaving again for a week, so I'll have to go get some dark chocolate to hold me over until his return. So glad you had happy moments this week. I too loved the wedding invitation I received -yah! And about your other pain, just get pregnant and then you don't have to worry about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved that line. Oh, it made me laugh out loud just to read it here on your blog.

    Also, I like your description of "monthly opportunities to conquer the natural woman." Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great week, minus conquering the natural woman part....;) I enjoyed our little Sunday visit too, it was sweet to see your kids interact as you reminisced their births.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. I love the way you described the warm-from-playing-outside two-year-old. I have one of those little guys and your post has reminded me to enjoy those sweet nothing moments. I have to stop looking backwards and enjoy now, THANK YOU for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so fun to read your post. Amazing how such wonderful day to day experiences add richly to our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love a dose of good news about my loved ones! Just makes me smile all day. Sounds like you got an extra helping of good news to go with the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such a great job at looking on the bright side :) Oh, and thanks for borrowing my blonde boy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.