- My sister came and she was so helpful and organized and was just my right arm for all the final details.
- Ashlyn's parents and one of her sisters came. That just pleased me so much. We feel twice blessed because already we have a lovely new daughter-in-law and a whole family of new friends.We have so enjoyed our time with them all.
- My darling friends helped so much. It literally makes me weep to think of how they took time from their days, their families and their long lists of things to do and came and helped me. They had amazing ideas, helped keep me on "company behavior" and stay calm, and just made the whole thing come alive with their presence.
- Eric took two more days off work after our trip to be the best ever errand-runner, setter-upper, doer of last-minute deeds, and the muscle behind all my ideas. It was such a comfort to have him there.
- The decorations turned out to be as colorful as I'd hoped. There was no disguising that we were in a gym, but that gym was full of dear, special friends, so really, even without a single pink tissue paper flower, it would have been the loveliest place on earth for our family. My only real disappointment was that the lights in our new church building can't be turned down to a subdued glow, so we partied under the full glare of fabulous florescents. In spite of that, the colors were pretty and in general, my original ideas actually came to fruition, I have to say.
- The Bride and Groom had fun. They didn't want to do a receiving line, so they were diligent about trying to get around to talk to everyone. I think they were pleased, surprised and touched by how many came to wish them well.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Just When You Thought I Was Done Writing About This Wedding...
Here I am again. It's kind a big deal, so it is entitled to a lot of column-inches. Last night was our local reception and it turned out to be really fun. I am filled with nothing but warm feelings all surrounded by a golden glow. Here is why:
Posted by Kellie on Saturday, August 14, 2010