More Catching UP!

May 23, 2012

Have you ever wondered what a Mormon Youth Dance is like? It's a heck of a lot of fun and one of the things I was involved in over the course of Friday and Saturday was helping the amazing kids in my church who planned, decorated and put on a really fun party for about 300 kids from all over the central Maryland area. I really believe in letting kids take the lead and do their thing, and they just never disappoint. My job was to buy and supervise the food, which was great because everyone loves the provider of refreshments!

One thing we Mormons excel at is refreshments, and we can do miraculous things like I did and provide enough knoshing for 300 kids for 3 hours and only spend $75 bucks. Yeah baby!

Anyway, here is a glimpse into the very normal, fun-loving lives of a bunch of quite stellar young people, at least in my opinion:

It was a Medieval theme, so here are two of the organizers
taking a break as king and queen. 
And here they all are, dancing away. I do love working with teens. They are crazy and brave and funny and smart and so strong in today's sometimes confusing world. I hope I get to work with them for a long time yet because they keep me young. When I'm at a dance like this, it's all I can do to not run out there and join them like I used to do when I was their age. I like that connection.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.