One big thing that has happened to me is that my eyes have changed. I don't know if it's just the impending 47 in a few days or something else, but in spite of a new prescription for my glasses, attempts to change the lighting and positioning of my screens when I use them, and a LOT of muttering and complaining, I can only work comfortably in front of a screen or even read or knit for very short minutes at a time, then everything goes double. Everywhere. Yes, I am going to check in with an ophthalmologist, but in the meantime, all my screen time has been saved for work. And I've had work aplenty. With more to come. Which is a blessing.
But I miss my old eyes. Or my young ones, to be more precise. The ones before. You know what I mean.
So, here is Summer '13, briefly, through my new eyes. The ones that are now acting old. Because already I need to stop and look away.
- Sam came home from California.
- Sara finally received her mission call. (I did already write about that, but it happened here in the timeline.)
- I helped out at Pioneer Trek, a youth retreat that reenacts the journey of the Mormon Pioneers.
- I went on a fabulous trip west to see family.
- I stopped in AZ for my parents' 50th anniversary party.
- I went to San Diego with Eric and all of our kids.
- I went back to AZ to spend some days with my folks.
- I came home for 4 days.
- I went to Girls' Camp.
- I came home for 9 days.
- I went to Chicago.
- I'm now home for 5 days.
- I will leave on Saturday to take Sam out to school and bring Sara home.
Stay tuned, my 6 dear readers. I'll be back to catch up.