A Joyful Trip to California

September 2, 2018

A while ago, I offered to come and help with photography for Beth's daughter's wedding. She took me up on it and last week I flew to California for 6 delightful days. I got to celebrate my birthday with friends and strangers, got to enjoy the golden desert as well as the turquoise coast. I feel so comfortable in her home, and was so glad to be helping and involved with the preparations and celebrations. I'm just about done editing the photos I took, and I am happy to say that I was able to tell the story of the reception, and that makes me happy. Here are some photos:




From Instagram:
These California times were completely refreshing. A wedding at the temple; lovely evening walks in the desert; Joshua trees; time with precious, lifelong friends; the glory of the coast, and more: This state is golden in my book. 👌🏻☀️🌊🌴🕶









The day of the wedding, I helped out by making this twig and grapevine initial for the reception. I totally winged it, but it turned out okay. 


I always enjoy seeing a joshua tree up close. They are true trees, with bark and everything! 






One of my favorite things about big skies is being able to watch the sunset on one side, and the moonrise on the other side. Love. That. 



There are actually a million colors in the desert. 



Then we went to the coast for a day. The other side of the split personality that is California. It's actually split three ways-Mountains, deserts, sea. This time I got to two of the sides. 


The sweet, misty air of Ventura. 


Toes touching the Pacific. 

Beth, Jenny, Me, Karyn. It was good to be with all of them. They were an important and major part of my teenage years. 



All the exotic cars on the highways in the LA area. Here's a Ferrari for ya. 

Rule number 47: If you have the chance to spend the morning in a treehouse, do it. 

Heart rock, sunset, walk in the desert, this pretty much sums up the weekend. Beautiful, relaxing, just what I needed. 


Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.