Neighbor Fun

September 9, 2018

Something I haven't written about yet is the fact that Corinne and her family moved to Utah. It's been a fairly major adjustment for me, because I made them a huge part of my life. I love them as much as I love any family member, and the truth is that I miss them terribly.

Thankfully, I have other people in my life. People that I love and treasure, and who help me feel useful and needed and who give me reasons to get out of my nearly daily funks. I'm still so much in a stage of "waiting to exhale" as I brace myself for various difficulties I've faced for the last few years.

Anyway, this last week had some very fun moments with these people I love. Next door is Kim. She's a kindred spirit for sure, and I love how she has cultivated a friendship with me--someone older, no little kids--it would have been easy when she moved in 2 years ago for her to dismiss me as someone too different from her, but she hasn't and I just love her.


I had her boys over for a Sunday afternoon while she got a nap and we had a great time.




My dear sister-friend Felicity is truly like a sister--I love the ease and fellowship that we have. It matters so much to me. She invited me over for the last-day-of-summer waterfest in her yard. What a blast. Wet hugs from her people, laughter, splashes and general goodness. I brought my camera, otherwise I totally wanted to join in. I told Felicity I needed to take some purely fun pics, and it was awesome. Two of the pictures I took got featured in some instagram, so that's fun!




I am so glad that I have made a habit of keeping little children in my life during this transition time from when my own were small to having grandkids. I think it has kept me young, helped me stay happier, and is a good thing. I know little kids don't do it for everyone, but they are essential to my sanity, I think.

2 comments

  1. I'm pretty sure that it isn't universal, but contact with little people is essential for my sanity, too. I'm so thankful that I'm serving in Nursery these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love nursery. Always good for keeping one grounded and also having a laugh.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.