Fun Recipe

April 11, 2008

I made these this morning for seminary and was reminded of just how yummy they are. My kids like them, I just don't often get one of my own, so I haven't tasted one in a while. The seminary kids seemed to really like them, too. They are awesome to keep in the freezer for instant breakfasts-a great homemade alternative to pop tarts, etc.

Breakfast Burritos (This recipe doubles, triples or quadruples easily if you happen to be cooking for 24 teens)

6 eggs, beaten

½ lb. sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained on paper towel

¼ cup salsa

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

10 flour tortillas

1 Scramble eggs in a large skillet. Add sausage, salsa and cheese.
2 Warm tortillas in microwave for 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
3 Place a scant ½ cup egg mixture in each tortilla; roll burrito-style.
4 Place in ziploc bag with cooking instructions and freeze (or eat immediately).
5 Cooking instructions: Cook in microwave until heated through, about 2 minutes. OR Thaw, wrap in tin foil or place in covered glass pan and bake 350° for 10 minutes.

Cooking Tips
Jazz them up by adding green onions or chopped onion, chopped tomato, shredded potatoes or hashbrowns, jalapeno slices or whatever else your family loves.

Recipe Source
Author: Deborah Taylor-Hough

Source: Frozen Assets, Reader's Favorites

6 comments

  1. I should make a quadruple batch of these so Jake will stop going to McDonalds before work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm, looks yummy, I'll go to seminary next time you make these. :-) (and that's really saying something, that I would get up that early.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound very good...we'll have to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the same recipe I've used - my family loves them! I haven't made them for a while so thanks for reminding me, I need to put them back in the rotation!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nobody loves a breakfast burrito like my Teensy. It's funny because she claims not to like scrambled eggs, but she loves a good breakfast burrito. Thanks for sharing a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the freeze ahead idea. much nicer than a messy egg skillet every morning. Matt would love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Latest Instagrams

© The Things I Do. Design by FCD.